Saturday, March 24, 2007

Never too old

Guess what I do now for a living? I'm a desiel truck mechanic working on 18 wheelers. And I got my truck license too{CDL}. I enjoy my new job tho. I work at Holmes Food-a chicken plant like Tysons. I was sitting on the front porch not long after I moved back into town and a man pulled up into the driveway. It looked just Santa Claus. I did a double take-it was in May of last year and was the wrong time of year. It was a man I've known forever and he wanted to know if I was interested in working on big trucks. I told him I never worked on any but he said he had faith in my ability as a car mechanic and offered me a position and pay I couldn't refuse. The Lord works in strange ways sometimes. I had just filled out my first job app when he showed up. Saved me a lot of headache and gas. My work is just down the road a ways, and decent hours. Taking my driving test was the worst part. Someone pulled out in front of me and I had to slam on brakes-just knew the officer in truck was gonna fail me. Guess she was too scared to ride with me again-so she passed me the first time. I was just as nervous as when I was eighteen and first took my car driving exam. They are fixing to build a new garage thats heated and cooled in a new location. I'm not sure I can work in that nice of a building.
Oh well- god its good to see signs of spring everywhere. Flowers are blooming everywhere on roadsides and fields and yards. Texas is beautiful. I have really enjoyed so much being back in the Lone Star state. And the kids enjoy having their friends come over on their bikes to play and ride. Guess thats enough for now-probably put you to sleep allready.

Words of Wisdom
Don't sneeze while shaving next to your noseholes-it sure bleeds a lot.

No comments: