Monday, April 02, 2007

Stopping Traffic

I read this the other day and it stuck in my mind-it was the way I feel but it sounds better. I would like to hear what you all think the possible solution is.
Don't waste a moment thinking about what “policies” might be better than the ones we have. The fact is that the institutions we have, absolutely guarantee insane policies, and unless the balance of power between the elites and the rest of us is changed, then those institutions will continue to manufacture insanity day in and day out. And there is, needless to say, no institutional way to change the balance of power. The institutions exist to maintain the balance of power – or, more accurately, to tip the balance of power ever more toward the elites. Changing the balance of power requires interfering with the institutions, and impairing or impeding their operation. In short: stop traffic.
I see no feasible short term way to accomplish this. All I see are people trying so hard to push their political agenda. That's ok but not the solution.

2 comments:

sumo said...

I don't know what I think...I had too much rum from trying to make that rum cake in your previous post...

MaryAnn said...

Change the balance of power? We need to quit being sheep who are so easily led by politicians, newspapers, tv..... We need to become informed and then make smart decisions about who we chose to make our policies.

Rum cake? No one told me that you had rum cake.