Wednesday, July 25, 2007

P U

Right at about 5 pm today, Boss said I needed to deliver the forklift, I had just repaired, back to the chicken farm 36 miles away. So I loaded it on the trailer and cranked the Kenworth up and away I went in the pouring rain. About half way there, I saw a momma skunk and 3 little ones crossing the road ahead of me. She was pushing them from behind to get their little butts in gear. They made it ok and all four gave me the salute[tails up] as I passed. When I got to the farm, there was a little low water crossing to go through and a duck was standing at the waters edge looking at the water, but not getting in. It was still there as I came out, watching the water pass by. So even during overtime on a dreary, gloomy, rainy day, I still had fun and enjoyed the little after work drive.

2 comments:

enigma4ever said...

really nice...nice that someone...okay anyone...appreciates them...the little roving slippers...( I have a family of them that live in my yard)...I love how they saluted you....

Larry said...

You're fortunate they didn't spray you.