Sunday, June 10, 2007

Thats my job



Hello out there- you krazy keyboarding kooks! Twas a very nice day with me cutting grass and playing with the kids on the trampoline in the water sprinkler, a laid back typical summer type Sunday with a small afternoon nap till a gnat flew down my throat and I nearly choked to death. Billy-my 8 year old asked me to watch him jump on the trampoline again, so I did. As I was fixing to come in the house he decided to do a flip twist roll off to the ground-which succeded in hooking his blue jean shorts at the waist on the trampoline spring. DDDDAAAAADDDDDDD. He was hanging upside down with his fingers touching the ground and a silly grin on his face. I asked him what he was gonna do? He didnt even hesitate "Thats your job Dad-you can fix anything-now get me down" I'm glad to finally know what my job is after all these years. Then I got him down and came in the house all puffed up with pride and sat down on the couch on one of his little toy airplanes-which are really ninja throwing stars with sharp points-and I have a new hole in my butt. Never thought I'd use them words in the same sentence. EVER! Yessiree, it was a typical weekend day at my house. Hope yours was as much fun as mine.

2 comments:

pissed off patricia said...

LOL, mine wasn't nearly as active as yours but it was great. Reading in the sunshine is enough for me

sumo said...

You're a good Dad...and it's your turn to care for those kids now. I admire you very much for your patience and love...and appreciating every moment with them. You had a chance to realize to know what you had...and got it back again...and won't let anything get in the way of it again. Father's Day will truly belong to you that day.